According to Chinese Astrology & Feng Shui, 2022 is the Year of the Water-Tiger. This energy supports individualism, dedication and hard work.
Energetic, passionate, brave and confident actions will be rewarded. Good health, longevity, and abundance of wealth, harmonious family life will be activated to those who take the risk and explore new adventures. Kindred spirits are auspicious.
On February 1st, 2022, the Aquarian New Moon kick starts a new lunar cycle in the Western zodiac sign of the Aquarius, the water bearer. It is also the day when we enter the third sign of the Chinese zodiac the Tiger. This fortuitous date provokes 12 months of passionate, bold, energetic and impulsive actions as we start the new cycle of the Water Tiger in the Chinese New Year.
The Water Tiger is brave, confident and competitive but these energies are unpredictable due to the wild emotions of the water element.
It is a year to follow your dreams, and just like a Tiger, be sure to never back down in a challenge that may arise in 2022.
The Water Tiger brings good fortune in love and family matters. Be careful not to lose money in taking unnecessary risks at the stock market or elsewhere.
According to the ancient Chinese myth, when God was creating the calendar he called upon all Earth’s creatures to participate in the race. The first 12 animals who cross the finish line would be awarded a place in the Chinese Zodiac. Consequently, the Tiger came in third (the third sign of the Chinese horoscope).
The Tigers are magnetic creatures that tend to draw others with their beauty and power. They are adventurous, outspoken, enthusiastic and unconventional, much like the trait of an Aquarius, the water bearer in Western Astrology. Since we also have the new moon in Aquarius, this energy is magnified.
Just like everything else, Yin & Yang, the other side of the coin here is that they can be arrogant, aggressive, anxious, short-tempered and rebellious against authority.
Unlike Western Astrology, Chinese Astrology divides astrological signs by years, not by months.
Unlike Western Astrology, Chinese Astrology is based on the Lunar cycle, not a solar cycle (not including the actual start date of each Western Zodiac Sign), and its represented by the 5 elements, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water & Wood instead of the four elements in Wester Astrology, Fire, Earth, Air and Water.
The water element is diplomatic, persuasive, flexible, creative nurturing and kind.
All in all, the Water-Tiger energy is pushes you to have and be what you want, to be truthful to yourself, and to have the courage to go after your dreams in 2022.
By understanding both Western and Eastern (Chinese & Vedic) Astrology, you can uncover a great deal about yourself and the overarching energies of the upcoming year ahead.
Both the Aquarian and the Water Tiger energies encourage you to live your truth, be truthful to yourself and move towards your future full steam ahead.
Six Auspicious Feng Shui tips Decorating for 2022!
- Fish tank: The water element represents wealth and prosperity. The fish tank should be placed and facing away from the stove, to promote good health for the people living in your home.
- Crystal ball: The ball promotes wealth, crystal carries magnifying qualities, bringing in positive energy, best placing it in your living room.
- Happy plant (Corn plant): Plants are purifying the air in general, help the energy flow, bring in happiness, peace and harmony, the best is to place it in your living room.
- Money frog: The auspicious money frog invites good health and fortune, best to place at your main entrance, foyer or hallway. The money frog with a coin in its mouth should be facing toward the inside of your home (bring in money) while the money frog without a coin in its mouth should be facing towards the outside of your home, not directly facing the door.
- Clean, Organized Pantry and Fridge: Filling up your fridge and pantry on Chinese New Year’s day represent abundance, all space should be cleaned, and neatly organized.
- Fresh fruits: Decorate your space with fresh orange & red coloured fruits, apples, oranges and tangerines, which represent wealth and abundance.
I hope you enjoyed this short reading :).
Wishing you health, happiness and prosperity for 2022!
Happy Chinese Lunar New Year:)